Posts Tagged ‘Sea of Galilee’

Why pilgrims flock to Magdala

Tuesday, July 26th, 2016

Within days of arriving on site in the 1st-century Jewish town of Magdala, located on the Sea of Galilee, I perceived its specialness. Last year more than 70,000 people visited the site, 30 per cent of them local Israelis and the remaining 70 per cent international Christian pilgrims. Day after day I watched people leave with smiles and joy-filled hearts. One Read more

Arson at Sea of Galilee loaves and fishes church

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015

A church at the site where Jesus is believed to have fed 5000 people with five loaves and two fish has been badly damaged by fire. Fires were lit on June 17 in the monastery section of the Church of the Multiplication, in Tabgha on the Sea of Galilee. Israeli police said it was arson. Read more