Posts Tagged ‘ARCIC’

Anglicans and Catholics in NZ akin to an extended family – Cardinal Dew

Tuesday, October 11th, 2016
Anglicans and Catholics

Cardinal John Dew, the Archbishop of Welllington, says Anglicans and Catholics around New Zealand enjoy a supportive, affirming relationship at all levels, “from bishops to priests, to diocesan staff, to organisations to parishes and communities.” He said the relationship was “akin to an extended family.” Dew and Bishop Ross Bay, the Anglican bishop of Auckland Read more

Cardinal Dew on pilgrimage with 36 Anglican and Catholic bishops

Friday, September 23rd, 2016

For the next two weeks  Cardinal John Dew will be away on an IARCCUM (Anglican Roman Catholic Commission for Unity and Mission) Pilgrimage. Cardinal John will first go to Canterbury, in England where he will join the IARCCUM Pilgrims; 36 Anglican and Catholic bishops, representing 19 different regions. The bishops will begin the first leg Read more

Hopes for Anglicans to have Catholic Communion more often

Friday, October 16th, 2015

A UK archbishop has signalled that the circumstances under which Anglicans can receive Communion at Catholic Masses could be broadened. Archbishop Bernard Longley of Birmingham, who is Catholic co-chair of the Anglican Roman Catholic International Commission (ARCIC) stressed he was expressing a “personal view”. In an interview with the Church of Ireland Gazette, he said Read more

Anglicans and Catholics agree on 80% of Core Doctrine

Tuesday, May 12th, 2015

Archbishop Sir David Moxon says that many people are unaware of the progress that has been achieved in terms of agreement between Catholics and Anglicans on core doctrines regarding authority, the Eucharist, marriage, ordination and the Church as communion. In his view there is broad agreement on 80% of core doctrine, while the remaining 20% Read more

Pope says modern martyrs foster new ecumenical commitment

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015

Pope Francis has said the martyrdoms of modern Christians of many denominations will nourish “a new era of ecumenical commitment”. The Pope said this during a meeting with members of the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission (ARCIC III) in Rome. The Pope said ecumenism is not a “secondary element” in the life of the Church. Referring Read more

Prayer, peace, and poverty

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014

One is an Argentine son of Italian immigrants, the other an Old Etonian whose mother worked for Sir Winston Churchill. Yet despite coming from opposite ends of the earth – both literally and metaphorically – Pope Francis and the Archbishop of Canterbury have some uncanny similarities. The two leaders of Christianity’s largest global communions were Read more

Fully visible Anglican Catholic union not likely soon says Archbishop Moxon

Tuesday, May 15th, 2012

New Zealand Anglican Archbishop, David Moxon, says there seem to be many obstacles to fully visible Anglican Catholic union and it is unlikely to be achieved in the near future. He is the co-chairperson of the Anglican-Catholic International Commission (ARCIC) and was speaking at the Commission’s meeting in Hong Kong last week. “We can, however, Read more